Sunday - Please see below for an important update
9:30 am - Bible Studies
10:30 am - Worship Service
6:00 pm - Evening Ministries
Children | Preschool - 6th grade
Lifeline | Jr. High - High School
Adult | "Truth Project" & a ladies' Bible study on the book of Acts
6:30 pm - Awana | during the school year
IMPORTANT COVID-19 REOPENING UPDATE:
Friday, May 8, 2020
From Your Pastor;
Almost two months ago the leadership team of Bethel along with myself made the difficult decision in cooperation with state and local health officials to discontinue all on-site meetings at Bethel Baptist Church because of the COVID-19 crisis. This however did not stop Bethel from proclaiming the life-giving message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. Bethel has thrived and God has blessed us during this time of uncertainty. We have shared the Gospel, we have fed the hungry, and we have loved the downtrodden and truly Bethel has remembered “the least of these” in honor of our Savior (Matt. 25:40). Out of necessity we were asked to change, and we have embraced it. Now it is time for us to change again.
We are pleased to announce that Bethel will begin the process of reopening onsite services.
We will begin Sunday, May 10th with a soft opening. We will have our deacons, elders, and support staff in attendance.
Starting May 17, we will be having our worship service in the multi-purpose area (gym).
We can seat as many people as we can safely socially distance. Social distancing will be practiced until further notice at Bethel.
The following is our policy for reopening. Adjustments may be made from time to time.
• Please enter the parking lot as usual using the entrance to the main parking lot. Exiting will be done by circling behind the building and exiting on the Northside.
• Entry into Bethel will be in the middle-door on the Southside. There will be “Gather Here” signs and a gatekeeper to great you.
• Remember to socially distance yourselves as you prepare to enter the building and we ask that you do not crowd the door.
• Once entering Bethel, please make your way downstairs for seating instructions.
• If you are unable to go down the stairs, please let one of our gatekeepers know and they will assist you.
• There will be only one entrance into the worship area provided.
• You will be seated six feet away on all sides from all other congregants.
• Families will sit together in a group. There will be no nursery or children’s service until further notice.
• Bulletins will not be passed out but will be provide in the seating areas.
• We ask that you use the restrooms in the café area.
• There will be no admittance to other areas of the church.
• Exit will be through the double doors on the Westside of the multi-purpose area.
• Feel free to wear a mask or any other protective clothing you have, this is not mandatory but optional.
• Our worship center will be sanitized upon completion of the service.
At this time, all other activities, including children, youth, and adult Sunday school classes will continue to be suspended or provided through virtual means until further notice.
There are several ways you can continue to honor God with your tithes and offerings. You can give electronically, by mail, or by giving in a secure offering box that will be provided on Sunday morning.
ways to Worship with us
Please remember that if you are sick or in a high-risk category, we encourage you to continue to worship with us from your home via YouTube.com/BethelTopeka or join us on FB Live. We will offer our service over an FM transmitter that can be heard in Bethel’s parking lot for those unable to come in but want to attend. Please remember that if you choose to worship with Bethel from your vehicle, do remember to practice social distancing.
This is not an exhaustive list, and we are still doing our best to provide you with up-to-date information as it becomes available. Thanks to all those who have worked behind the scenes to make every Sunday worship service possible.
Please contact the church office via phone or email for more information.
“Again, I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4).
In His Love,
785-286-0467 Church Office